Happy 30th Anniversary & Blogger’s Digest
- Bill Rowan
- June 2, 2014
30 years. 30 acts of appreciation.
This month marks our official anniversary – 30 years and counting! We’re celebrating all year long, with 30 Acts of Appreciation for our clients, community, and staff. It all began 60,000 cups of coffee ago with a big idea and an even bigger spirit – our CEO and Founder, Loretta Monterastelli DeLuca, FASAE. For her inspiration and leadership, we say thanks and congratulations! And to mark the occasion, we’ll be posting on Facebook all this week, so be sure to “like” DelCor Technology Solutions or “friend/follow” Del Corian.
Results – 12th Annual .org Community Food Drive
Every spring, we organize a food drive for the Capital Area Food Bank, at a time when holiday donations are depleted and donations are down. We enlist organizations throughout our community – associations, nonprofits, and the vendors who serve them. Through our combined efforts, we raised enough money this year to provide 46,601 meals – a little short of our 50,000-meal goal, but still a fantastic outpouring of support for the 500,000+ people in our region at risk of hunger.
Over the years, we’ve been able to provide 280,000 meals through your donations and support. Thank you!
We also held our 2nd Annual Volunteer Night @ CAFB, transplanting seedlings for their Urban Demonstration Garden and sorting food donations for distribution. Fifteen people from associations and vendors came out to help. Thank you, too!
Blogger’s Digest: May 2014
May saw the first meeting of the Association Chat (#assnchat) Book Club in quite some time. Attendees discussed the book, The Back of the Napkin.
- Association Book Club: The Back of the Napkin (Kylee Coffman, May 6, 2014)
Implementing a new AMS or other mission-critical IT system at your organization? You might be wondering:
- What is the right amount of data to convert? (Wendy Raulin, PMP, May 12, 2014)
Do you trust your vendors? They play important roles in the operations, support, and even strategies of associations. Apply takeaways from the bookThe Truth About Trust – and be careful on the high wires!
- Trust: key to a successful vendor/client relationship (Tobin Conley, May 20, 2014)
Data security and big breaches remain in the news. With increasingly complex schemes to tap into users’ data, these troubles aren’t going away. Time to do some spring cleaning of your data policies?
- Don’t be a Target – PCI compliance for associations (Gretchen Steenstra, PMP, May 20, 2014)
- June 16-18, ASAE’s Marketing, Membership, & Communications Conference, including Content Strategy Breakdown with Dave Coriale
- June 18, Finance & Administration Roundtable Luncheon – Wellness 2.0. Creating Wellness Cultures in the Workplace: A Return to What Works