Blogger’s Digest: September 2013
- Bill Rowan
- October 1, 2013
30 days sure get crossed off the calendar quickly, don’t they? Alas, September is behind us, and so are a few intriguing posts from The DelCor Connection blog. Take a look at what you might have missed – and don’t be afraid to add your comments to this or the individual blog posts!
For starters, it was Hunger Action Month at the Capital Area Food Bank and at local food banks around the country. We’re big supporters of CAFB – they benefit directly from our .org Community Food Drive each spring. Loretta was invited to contribute to their #hungeraction Blog Carnival and happily obliged with a checklist for starting a community food drive.
Back on our own blog, we offered a variety of perspectives on technology. First up, long-time NSS Consultant Kevin Scudder fine-tuned his golf swing with benefits provided by technology – and offered a lesson in how technology can help your association connect with progress (just like those guys in plaid out on the green). Senior Consultant Gretchen Steenstra, PMP, picked up a different kind of game – Legos – and wondered why fitting business systems together isn’t as simple as, say, building the Millennium Falcon out of little plastic blocks. And to keep the workout upbeat, Senior Consultant Sarah Manwell, revisited some 1980s aerobic champions to develop a modern-day IT fitness plan.
All of these tactics help you keep your technology strategy fit, modern, and, most importantly, in line with your end game. Whatever your mission, whatever your business goals, your technology will be ready to deliver. Ready to get started? Read on!
- Golf & IT: improving your game on the green & in khakis (September 10, 2013)
- Integration: don’t ‘good’ systems just snap together like Legos? (September 19, 2013)
- IT fitness: a workout plan for associations (September 27, 2013)
And, finally, because your mobile devices are likely getting a workout these days, too (we know many of our association friends are road warriors), #deardel contributor David Johnson offers a tip for extending your battery life while you’re actually in the office (no iOS upgrade required to take advantage of this tip!):
- Dear Del: Adjust email synchronization to extend smartphone battery life (September 25, 2013)
Plus, stay tuned for what’s coming up in October!
- Tonight, we celebrate associations’ innovative ideas at The Power of A Summit Awards dinner. Take a look at how 6 associations are strengthening our community and world.
- Wondering about trends in education and e-learning? Be our guest for a hot breakfast and lively discussion at the Association TRENDSEducation LIVE event on October 17. Use code DELCORLIVE to attend free!
- On October 18, we wish our VEEP, Brian Sheehan, a very happy and hilarious 20th anniversary at DelCor – although we already roasted and toasted him!
- On October 30, we’ll sit down for another Association TRENDS Communications LIVE Breakfast for the annual communications legal update. (That includes social media, too!) Use code DELCORLIVE to attend free!
- Now through November, tune in to special coverage on our blog leading up to the ASAE Technology Conference & Expo, December 3-5, in Washington, DC. Plan ahead to find out where you can connect with progress.