Blogger’s Digest: October 2013
- Bill Rowan
- November 5, 2013
Four weeks from today, we kick off the ASAE Technology Conference & Expo with the CEO/CIO Pre-conference. Will we see you there?
You might have noticed that our president, Dave Coriale, is one of the Pathway Leaders for this year’s conference. We’re pretty geeky about technology, so it makes perfect sense for Dave to launch the Technical Pathway discussions. Six sessions in this pathway will focus on cloud computing, unified communications, network security, mobile device management, open-source technology, business intelligence, and data analytics. Whew! If you need a primer on this intensive learning, take a look at what we’re offering on our blog as we rev up for #tech13 – with more to come all November long!
- Association enterprise system care & feeding: keep your mission-critical engines tuned up – with a focus on comprehensive technology plans for your AMS, CMS, FMS, and so on (Gretchen Steenstra, PMP, October 4, 2013)
- Does your site offer an “embarrassment of riches” – and can your users find them? Or, have you thought about how categorization fits into your content strategy? (Tobin Conley, October 10, 2013)
- Setting the stage for innovation: real-life application of the IT Maturity Model – exploring how Restrictive, Functional, Effective, and Innovative IT environments and policies manifest on your website (Dave Coriale, October 21, 2013)
- The latest in bring-your-own-device (BYOD) management – exploring best practices and what’s next in mobile device management for associations (Chris Ecker, October 24, 2013)
- Don’t let content strategy haunt you – an 8-point checklist for developing a content strategy with good bones (Dave Coriale, October 30, 2013)
Some other delights you’ll find among our October blog posts include an appearance from Del – and more!
- Dear Del: Run your own reports! (Tobin Conley, October 25, 2013)
- Stop multitasking: it’s making you high (Gretchen Steenstra, PMP, October 15, 2013)
- Designing for delight with micro-moments (Kylee Coffman, October 29, 2013)
Do you have a question for our #deardel series, or a topic you’d like to see on our blog, or even a guest contribution you’d like to make? Write us at email@example.com!
November Happenings & More
- November 19, NE/SAE Technology Conference in Cambridge, MA: Dave Coriale keynotes the general session “Developing a Technology Roadmap”; leads the breakout session “Association Management Systems: How to Evaluate, Select, and Implement”; and even drops by the Genius Bar for “Cloud Q&A.”
- On Demand, Associations’ Use of Sub-Brands and Micro Sites: A webinar to help you launch and leverage new assets: Offered byAssociation TRENDS and now available as an on-demand recording, presented by Dave Coriale and Jeff Glassie (Partner, Whiteford Taylor Preston).
- Our CEO & founder, Loretta M. DeLuca, FASAE, recently joined the Business Braintrust for Association Transformation, a group of visionaries convening to form the future of associations.
- December 4-5: Don’t forget to plot Booth 501 on your Technology Conference map! We’re raising miles for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic and offering 50,000 frequent flier miles to one lucky association executive!