Blogger’s Digest: November 2013
- Bill Rowan
- December 12, 2013
Normally, our monthly missive is published by the 5th of the month. We’re running a bit behind this time; will you forgive us? Last week, we were highly engaged in the ASAE Technology Conference & Expo – and now we’re contending with wintry weather here in Metro DC. The snow- and ice-tipped landscape provides the perfect backdrop for wishing you Happy Holidays! Now, on with the latest news…
There was a lot going on at #tech13 – this is your chance to catch up! Our president, Dave Coriale, inspired geeks everywhere as the Technical Pathway Thought Leader. He’s pictured above in the closing town hall with Content Thought Pathway Leader Kristina Halverson, CEO Pathway Thought Leader John Mancini, CIO Pathway Thought Leader Dion Hinchcliffe, and ASAE CIO Reggie Henry. The new conference format, with 5 pathways from which to choose and a new expo hall layout featuring express learning sessions, gave attendees plenty to think and talk about. At our booth, we awarded 50,000 frequent flyer miles to a lucky association executive, and donated another 50,000 miles to Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic. Here’s a bit of conference buzz, in case you missed it or couldn’t attend:
- Social media roundup: a #tech13 look back at the AMS (Emma Beck, Associations Now, December 3, 2013)
- Business first: the new mandate for association tech (Julie Shoop, Associations Now, December 5, 2013)
- Tech trends: what’s hot and what’s not (Paul Gannon, Personify, December 5, 2013)
- Lessons from #tech13: we’re one, but we’re not the same (Ernie Smith, Associations Now, December 10, 2013)
In our own #tech13 blog series, we offered the following takes on topics up for discussion at the technology conference:
- Breaking down the IT development process: agile vs. waterfall 101 (Dave Coriale, November 7, 2013)
- If a co-worker types at home and there is no one there to see or hear it, does any work get done? (Dave Coriale, November 11, 2013)
- Which is better: on-premise or cloud hosting for your IT infrastructure? (Brian Sheehan, November 18, 2013)
- How to decide between public and private cloud hosting solution (Brian Sheehan, November 20, 2013)
- Before migrating to the cloud, consider this… (Brian Sheehan, November 22, 1013)
- Right now: 3 tech trends affecting association IT users (Bill Walker, November 26, 2013)
- AMS: what’s old, what’s new, what’s next (Loretta DeLuca, December 2, 2013)
December Happenings & More
- If you haven’t gotten your fill of reading material already, Dave Coriale offered some tips for navigating the technology roadmap with one or more consultants in the recent Guide to Consulting Services, a supplement to the printed edition of Associations Now, Nov/Dec. The guide’s available online as a PDF, including Dave’s article, A steady hand on the wheel.
- On December 2, ASAE issued a press release announcing that DelCor has signed on as an ASAE Event Partner. This is exciting new for us, and for the association community we love and serve. Our partnership officially begins January 1, 2014.
- In celebration of the winter holidays, DelCor will be closed on December 25 and January 1. For 24/7 support, contact us here. The Blogger’s Digest will be back in early January – stay tuned for more exciting news in the new year!