Blogger’s Digest: January 2013
- Bill Rowan
- February 1, 2013
It may be difficult to believe, but it’s February already (and, locally, we’re starting the month with a smattering of snow)! January was a busy month here at DelCor: we wrapped up our office renovation, volunteered at a local charity, joined Google+, kept our clients happy (like always!), and even found time to blog. Read on, and let us know in the comments: what would you like to see next on The DelCor Connection blog?
We have found over the years that, sometimes, project management is taken for granted. So our CEO, Loretta M. DeLuca, posed the question pointedly:
- If our software vendor has a PM on our project – why do we need you? (January 8, 2013)
One of our many PMPs, Gretchen Steenstra, offered up some of her own project management secrets. Read on, and let us know if you need one of these:
- Gretchen’s Project Management Stressbusters Tool Box (January 15, 2013)
Then catch up on previous posts in this series: Gretchen’s Project Management Facilitation Tool Box (November 14, 2012) ... and stay tuned for more! Gretchen will be sharing more tools – and tool boxes – to help your project succeed.
The media lit up this month with growing anticipation and wait lists for Facebook Graph Search. What will its release mean for the escalating competition between Facebook and Google? Kylee Coffman took a look at what Graph Search and this battle between the giants might mean for associations.
- Graphing Facebook’s future and the possibilities of Graph Search (January 25, 2013)
The airwaves are filled these days with cooking shows, and January saw at least one new entry into this fray. We here at DelCor love food – cooking it, sharing it, collecting it (for charity), eating it. But we didn’t just sit around watching it on TV. Our food-filled month included serving hot meals to our community’s underprivileged – as well as these posts from a former chef and a semi-professional eater:
- Making sure your technology is “mise en place” (Tim O’Connell: January 25, 2013)
- Who moved the cheese? (Tobin Conley: January 31, 2013)
Connect with DelCor: February Happenings
Dave Coriale is visiting colder temperatures today. He will appear this afternoon on a panel at NE/SAE’s Management Conference, presenting:
- Top Technology Issues for Associations (February 1, 2013)
For his next gig, Dave goes virtual. (Think Max Headroom.) Grab lunch and pull up a seat to join:
- ASAE Technology Section Virtual Lunch: Strategic Management of IT (February 22, 2013)
Brian Sheehan and Chris Ecker aren’t letting the cold keep them down, either. Later this month, they travel to the Association Forum of Chicagoland to present the brownbag:
- Get Your Head in the Clouds: Learn How to Achieve Mission Success Using Cloud Computing (February 28, 2013)