Blogger’s Digest: February 2013
- Bill Rowan
- March 1, 2013
The end of the week is also the beginning of a new month, and that means it’s time for our monthly roundup of musings you might have missed or want to revisit. Here’s what was on our minds in February.
March Madness is coming soon, but February was full of data center madness. The Super Bowl was the primetime example of how a power outage can disrupt the best laid plans. We also took a look back at lessons learned from Hurricane Sandy, and how geographic redundancy keeps your organization up and running – even during super storms.
- Super Bowl or super (power) failure? Cloud Connection to your association’s rescue! (Brian Sheehan: February 4, 2013)
- Buckets of inspiration from a flooded data center (John Omartian: February 12, 2013)
- Data center lessons from Sandy: geographic redundancy (John Omartian: February 15, 2013)
Do you Tweet everywhere you go? Tobin Conley observed that what was once a faux pas (hunching over your CrackBerry) is now expected – even at association meetings. Weigh in with your thoughts on when and when not to Tweet:
- From rude to required: Tweeting at meetings is now en vogue (February 26, 2013)
Ever the observer, Tobin drew a striking similarity between boarding an airplane and getting the most from an association website. Curious? Head directly to priority boarding:
- Are your site visitors travelling first class? (February 28, 2013)
Connect with DelCor: March Happenings
AUDC – the Avectra Users & Developers Conference – kicks off this weekend in sunny Orlando. Gretchen Steenstra, PMP, joins NLC’s David DeLorenzo and Agilutions’ Keith Ambuhl to tamp down tantrums and create project harmony in a fishbowl style session where everyone has input – just like family life. Then Kylee Coffman explores the best practice of organizational authenticity in social media – if you dare. To close out the program, Gretchen teams up with Sarah Manwell and a cadre of card sharks in a rousing round of everybody’s favorite session, PM Poker.
- Project Management – Parenting Style (March 4, 2013, 9:45 am)
- Truth or Dare? (March 4, 2013, 4:30 pm)
- PM Poker (March 5, 2013, 4:30 pm)
Going to Great Ideas? Kylee jumps into the shark tank, and just like on the TV show, she’ll have only a few minutes to make a case for her prediction for associations’ future before being judged by the association sharks. Tobin examines mobile planning, content strategy, and more with ASAE’s Amy Hissrich, NQF’s Dan Scheeler, AWEA’s Thad Lurie, and Results Direct’s Alex Mouw. And you really don’t want to miss the excitement that Loretta M. DeLuca, FASAE, and Dave Coriale will deliver in their 5-minute, 20-slide presentations that close out day two of the conference.
- Next Generation Learning: Five-Minute Forecasts on the Future of Learning (March 10, 2013, 2:45 pm)
- It’s Not Magic: Managing Your Online Strategy (March 10, 2013, 2:45 pm)
- Ignite & Reception (March 11, 2013, 6:00 pm)