April 2015 Blogger’s Digest, Food Drive Kickoff, & Upcoming Events
- Bill Rowan
- April 30, 2015
Tomorrow, we launch our 13th Annual .org Community Food Drive for the Capital Area Food Bank, because we believe in strengthening our community. The food bank serves the entire Metro DC Region, distributing 42 million pounds of food annually to more than ½ million of our neighbors in need. It’s not too late for your organization to join as a participating team. Every dollar provides 2.5 meals, and every donation is appreciated. Our goal is to raise $20,000 – the equivalent of 50,000 meals. Please donate today to support this vital community organization! For more information on DelCor’s commitment to ending hunger in our community, read our blog post, Neighbor helping neighbor (April 23, 2015).
Blogger’s Digest: April 2015
- Kylee Coffman reports on what she learned at the Intelligent Content Conference in Your content doesn’t have to suck: an introduction to intelligent content (April 2, 2015)
- Chris Ecker offers a CEO’s perspective on the balancing act of modern IT security. Stay tuned for two more installments in this series!
- The IT security threat landscape for associations (April 9, 2015)
- Finding the sweet spot for your association’s IT security (April 14, 2015)
- Dave Coriale, author of the IT Maturity Model, recognizes the impact of change on technology management (and vice versa). So, following her session at last year’s ASAE Technology Conference, he struck up a conversation with presenter René Shonerd of AIHA. What followed was a lengthy chat about reframing change, and the blog series, “Reframe Your Approach to Change Management.” There’s one more post to come, so catch up now!
- Speaking of change management – boy – how about a move the cloud? From logistical and technical perspectives, it takes great care and planning – but don’t forget your staff! Read about cloud as a change management project in How to prepare your association for a move to the cloud – the not-so-technical edition (April 28, 2015)
- In company news, we are honored to be recognized as an excellent workplace for our commitment to our staff and community. Read more in DelCor Awarded Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval: Association/nonprofit-focused IT consulting firm recognized as model workplace (April 16, 2015)
- May 1-21: DelCor’s 13th Annual .org Community Food Drive
- May 12: Negotiating Association Software Contracts: Effective Business and Legal Strategies – Association TRENDS webinar
- May 19: Top 5 AMS Trends – Matrix Group International webinar
- May 25: DelCor closed in observance of Memorial Day
- June 1-2: ASAE’s 2015 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference
- June 4-5: ASAE’s 2015 Finance, HR & Business Operations Conference
- June 4-5: NE/SAE Annual Meeting
- Data security is a hot topic these days among companies large and small – and with association executives, too. Associations Now associate editor Katie Bascuas asked Chris Ecker about the give-and-take of IT security in Talking Tech: Balancing Act (April 1, 2015).